nanogui: VNC with latest Git image of Nano-X

Subject: Re: [nanogui] VNC with latest Git image of Nano-X
From: Greg Haerr ####@####.####
Date: 5 Jul 2012 05:38:37 -0000

> I am using the latest source from the git repository and
> I am linked with the most recent Debian Squeeze stable
> release of libvncserver-dev 0.9.7+b1.
>
> This used to work fine, but I had to upgrade to the latest
> git to support UTF-8 and now the VNC is broken.
>
> Any thoughts where to look, libvnc or drivers/vncserver.c?
>
> Anyone have this working?
>
> I thought I could pull in the latest libvncserver source
> (0.9.9) but I see a lot of "Fixme's" and commented out
> code in drivers/vncserver.c so I suspect this is a Nano-X
> issue.

Pete - I had to comment out support for VNC server when porting
the 0.93 blit code.  The old code in vncserver.c needs to be
changed to call the new-style blit routines in order to make
this work.  I didn't have a copy of libvncserver that I could compile
and link nano-X with without errors.  If you could get something
at least compiling and linking, I can help getting the blits re-wired.

The blit routines are defined in device.h:: struct SCREENDEVICE.  Which
one to call will depend on your hardware pixel format and the source
pixel format.