nanogui: MicroWindows & blackfin

Subject: Re: [nanogui] MicroWindows & blackfin
From: Manav Kataria ####@####.####
Date: 2 Feb 2006 08:27:28 +0000

Hi,

    Your 'nano-X' graphics server is not being made (check for that
after every make in your 'microwindows/bin' directory). There can be
several reasons for it. The simplest of which could be your microwindows
config having a - 'LINK_APP_INTO_SERVER = Y'. This would not generate
nano-X but things could still be fine. You can try running
anyapplication like 'clock', 'world' or 'vnc' directly for testing.

    Secondly, check whether the microwindows 'config' file (ie;
microwing/src/config) is being affected via changes thru 'make
menuconfig' from uClinux-dist\ . Ultimately that config file determines
the right options (like libraries and other device and linking options)
to compile microwindows. Microwindows also has a src/xconfigure for the
same purpose. If its config file is not getting affected by
'./xconfigure' or a higher level 'make menuconfig' you'd have to modify
it directly.

Regards,
Manav