nanogui: Color problems with MWPF_PSEUDOCOLOR and VNC Server

Subject: Color problems with MWPF_PSEUDOCOLOR and VNC Server
From: Pete Klemm ####@####.####
Date: 11 Feb 2006 06:50:00 +0000

I am trying to get a VNC server working with my XScale based board and I am
stuck trying to get the colors to work.

Either the local LCD or the remote VNC client to show proper colors
but not both at the same time. I am using Microwindows 0.91 and
Libvncserver-0.8pre.

The Linux frame buffer on my XScale board wants me to use a visual value of
FB_VISUAL_PSEUDOCOLOR to show the proper colors.  In the file
"drivers/scr_fb.c"
if I force the comparison of the visual value  to be FB_VISUAL_TRUECOLOR
then
the psd->pixtype is set to MWPF_TRUECOLOR332 and the VNC client then
shows the proper colors.

I believe I need to have the VNC server perform a translation but don't
know where
to enable this action or how to go about the translation.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Pete