nanogui: fltk+nxlib+nano-X

Subject: fltk+nxlib+nano-X
From: Alleyn Bowen ####@####.####
Date: 4 Apr 2006 11:50:14 +0100

Has any code been written (are there any patches
available) to allow LINK_APP_INTO_SERVER =Y to be used
with fltk+nxlib+nano-X.

I'm using microwindows-0.91 and nxlib-0.45?

This thread was discussed a while ago.

Thanks,
Alleyn

: All three functions (`GrQueueLength',
`GrGetTypedEventPred',
: `GrGetTypedEvent') are in 'client.c', which isn't
linked into libnano-X
: because of the LINK_APP_INTO_SERVER option that we
discussed before.

Yes, that's correct, they're only in client.c.  Jordan
Crouse created
them, but didn't create them with support for
LINK_APP_INTO_SERVER.

: My question, is...Can I create stubs for these
functions that just return,
: or are these functions necessary?

They are necessary, due to the way that Xlib handles
events.
You might be able to fudge on GrGetTypedEvent*, and
just
return the next event, but the client side handles
that correctly
already.

You need to copy/recode the functions from client.c
over to the
srvmain.c inside the #if NONETWORK processing.
Generally,
the data structures might be a bit different, look at
the similar
implementation
for GrGetNextEvent or GrPeekEvent for ideas.