nanogui: link app into server

Subject: RE: [nanogui] LINK APP INTO SERVER
From: "Martin Kajdas" ####@####.####
Date: 11 May 2006 16:11:46 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: Robbie ####@####.####
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 2:56 PM
To: ####@####.####
Seems that your two questions are not related:
1. How to link app to server?
2. Why the event loop is slow?

In both cases you must be doing something wrong.
The first one is a matter of setting up the linking process properly and
the result application has a nanox server linked with it so it can run
by itself (without starting a nanox server first).

In the second case, it would be nice to see the source code because the
problem is expected if you coded something wrong in you threads. You
somehow must be preventing the event loop from running.

Martin

I would like to know the answer to this question, however let me add a
description of a problem I'm having so you can get a wider scope.
First, I ran two threads created from the main program prior to entering
the event loop. I've been observing considerible delay and investigated
that the two threads are running as expected, but the evant loop is
running consideraply slower, someting in the order of a few seconds to
minutes.
This is quite  unusual considering I've changed the scheduler to
SCHED_RR and all threads have the same priority.
I later add another thread with the event loop and that did the same
thing.

What could be the cause of this?
Any suggestions anyone?