nanogui: link app into server

Subject: Re: [nanogui] LINK APP INTO SERVER
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 15 May 2006 01:51:17 +0100

: A while back I remember someone telling me not to use GrCheckNextEvent but
use GrGetNextEvent in my event loop.
: It turns out that GrGetNextEvent will block for a considerible period of
time and that appears to be where the problem is.
: I've changed back to GrCheckNextEvent and I can see all my thread running
as expected, expecially my main application event loop.
:
: Is this a favourable assessment?

No - GrCheckNextEvent will never block, thus your application
will use 100% CPU time, even when its not doing anything.  This
CPU sucking is not generally desireable.  Also, GrNextEvent is
supposed to block, possibly forever, until either keyboard, mouse,
or a programmatic timeout event occurs.