nanogui: rewriting texts

Subject: rewriting texts
From: Junior ####@####.####
Date: 14 Jun 2006 22:20:49 +0100

Hi,
I've had this problem before that I work around by rewriting the entire screen and I don't think I should have to do that but I do need someone to point me in the right direction.
On this example I use GrCopyArea and no Expose event except for the initial window creation.

I have a window and on it I display a text, say 15 chars long with a fg and bg colour. Later at that same coordinate, I display a text, 15 chars (10 chars actual text and 5 blank spaces) with the same fg and bg colour.
In this case I expect the new text to overwrite the old text but it does not. Instead it's supperimposed on it. Initially I repaint the screen and write the new text but I don't think that should be necessary.

Is there a way around this problem?
I think it may be because I'm using GrCopy, but I don't see it acting dfiifernt if I use any other method.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
--Jr