nanogui: Building flnx for embedded powerpc?

Subject: Re: [nanogui] Building flnx for embedded powerpc?
From: Keith J Outwater ####@####.####
Date: 21 Nov 2006 16:01:03 +0000

Graham,

> I have been working on the same track as you and have everything working
(so far) running on top of the eCos operating system.  For grins, I have
started work on getting fltk 2 working also.I only problem I have run into
was getting configure to work to generate a makefile I could hack.  I
finally ran

> ./configure -enable-cygwin --target arm-elf
>
> and all was ok.
>
> Fltk2 does seem to use some function such as XOpenDevice that are not
supported in nxlib, so I may abandon that effort and stick with 117.

It certainly appears that you are having more success than I am.  For me
it is one little problem after another.  Microwindows, nxlib and freetype2
build, but the fltk 1.1.7 tests wont link. I am compiling natively on my
embedded powerpc target using a NFS mounted root filesystem on my host
machine and my roots filesystem has basically everyhting but the kitchen
sink, so you'd think it would be a little easier than this.  Somehow I
can't believe I'm the first to try building for powerPC.

Keith