nanogui: FLTK 2.0 with NanoX

Subject: Re: [nanogui] FLTK 2.0 with NanoX
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 2 Aug 2007 03:29:07 +0100

>  I wanted to move to a standard distribution of FLTK to take advantage of
FLTK's continued development.  I felt "why not go for 2.0" as it will be the
future and receive more developer attention.

Therein was the first mistake.  FLTK 2.0 is bigger, and not necessarily
better, which is why FLTK 1.x is still being used.  And this is also
the reason why NXLIB doesn't quite work, since FLTK 2.0 requires
bringing in libXext and libXi, so even more (useless) stubs will be
required in nxlib/stubs.c.  I recommend using FLTK 1.x and dropping
2.0.

Greg Haerr ####@####.#### wrote:
: Once compiled, the next step is to get eCos and the nxlib and fltk 2.0
libs to link to an application. If anyone has helpful advice..........

If the application already links with FLTK 2.0 and X11, then replacing
libX11 with NXLIB is the next step. If you link statically, then you
will find whether there's any undefined references to the NXLIB
library rather than waiting for an unresolved link to get called at
runtime. NXLIB is a binary replacement for libX11, which
means that neither FLTK nor your application needs to be
recompiled.

After testing for the above link issues, going to standard dynamic
libraries is recommended.