nanogui: touch screen

Subject: Re: [nanogui] Touchscreen
From: "ing. Davide Rizzo" ####@####.####
Date: 29 Mar 2008 08:52:21 -0000

Greg Haerr ha scritto:
> : Question: Is it possible to use Fltk+Nxlib+NanoX with
> : linked-app-into-server option ? I tried, but without success.
>
> What was the error?  I've never tried.  If its just some
> undefined symbols, some may need to be added for
> the linked in case in nanox/srvmain.c.

No, the problem is different. The compilation is OK.
I'm running this on an embedded arm9-based CPU, equipped with QVGA lcd
panel and touchscreen.
After running the monolithic program, it's locked on a select (like it
should). That select the first time waits not for a touchscreen event,
but for a console key press, and then it "seems" to work. Afther this
first event, in practice the program run in a short loop, never waiting
on the select call.
That debug was performed using h3600_tsraw touchscreen driver and kernel
2.6.23.
The same program is actually running without problems in my system with
kernel 2.6.24 and the standard event driver I gave you, with separated
nano-X server and client program.
I'm sorry, I tried this some months ago, so I don't remember more details.
If you're interested in it, I can have again a deeper debug session to
give you more details.
Regards
Davide Rizzo - ELPA sas