nanogui: Shaky display

Subject: Re: [nanogui] Shaky display
From: Carlo Zinato ####@####.####
Date: 10 Jun 2008 11:55:52 -0000

Hi Misbah, I can share my experience on this matter, too, as I had your
same symptoms. Forgive me for top-posting.

My embedded system (arm-linux) includes a framebuffer driver which polls
over /dev/fb0 a certain amount of times per second (about 30), so the
time lag between a nano-x API call and the on-display effect is not a
driver's fault. I noticed such time lag (some hundreds of second,
partial refreshes, etc.) if the userspace process calls a nano-x API and
goes immediately to sleep.  Otherwise, if the process, after the nano-x
API call has to handle a message, a signal, a serial input, etc. the
on-screen refresh is immediate and total. So I managed my process not to
go to sleep immediately and the problem was solved.
By the way, I use statically linked nano-x lib, with
LINK_APP_INTO_SERVER = Y into config file.

Hope this helps,

--
Carlo Zinato
Viscount International S.p.A.

Misbahullah Khan ha scritto:
> Hi Greg ..
>
> There is a concern regarding microwindow for which we have already talked
> and now i have come up with more details so that we could find a solution
> to it.
>
> Let me explain you the problem in detail :-
>
> 1. It happens to be sometimes (1 in 20-30 times) that whenever i try to
> wtite a text to lcd display or fill a bar the text is written horizontaly
> about some percentage (say 50 %) and then again writes the same text the
> remaining percentage makeing the display as if one text is written twice
> half and half one over the other .
>
> Similarly when we are dispalying the a horizontal bar the bar gers
> displayed two times one over the other horizontaly.
>
> Just to mention that this happens rarely and not always.
>
> Is there any thing we could see into the microwindow ???
>
> Please do share your experience and knowledge regarding this concern .
>

>  Thanks & Regards,
>  Misbah

Checked by AVG.