nanogui: Font Color RGB-YUV driver/fblin16.c

Subject: Font Color RGB-YUV driver/fblin16.c
From: "Prashanth Dwarakanath" ####@####.####
Date: 13 Jun 2008 04:09:46 -0000

Hi All,

We have implemented a font application in microwindows and the same is functinal to our requirements. However, there has been a change in the hardware used by us recently. We were earlier using a RGB based Video decoder chip and now due to some unavoidable circumstances we have changed the video decoder chip to a YUV based one.

When I run the font application now, the font is definitely displayed but  in some weird color. I understand that Microwindows uses RGB values and calculates the pixel values for colors to be displayed.

Since my H/W is Analog Devices Blackfin-561 processor, I enquired with them and they helped us with a RGB2YUV converter API which is written in assembly.

I am using ADV 7179 Video Encoder chip which takes YUV pixels in 4:2:2
and is 16 bit frame buffer.

As suggested by Mr.Greg earlier, we used the RGB2YUV convertor in driver/fblin16.c ---> psd->drawpixel function. However, it appears from the results that the RGB2YUV convertor being used is not quite compatible for Microwindows(The convertor API expects the input RGB is some different format).

I would request you to share with me a RGB to YUV conversion mechanism that would be compatible with Microwindows if the same has already been done OR if the same falls in th scope of Microwindows.

Kindly guide us on the above. Also please let us know if any further details are required by you.

Thank You,
Prashanth.D