nanogui: retry connect attempt

Subject: retry connect attempt
From: "Aveek Adhya" ####@####.####
Date: 20 Jun 2008 11:47:39 -0000
Hi,

 I am trying to port nano-x on ST based platform (LINUX-SH). I have
tool-chain working properly for the target platform. After cross compilation
and all, when I try to run nano-x sample application on the board I get
error message like:

nxclient: retry connect attemp 1
nxclient: retry connect attemp 2
nxclient: retry connect attemp 3

After googling I can see many people had faced this problem and answer to
this problem is to configure mouse/keyboard properly.

When I am just going to display something on the screen then what does it
matter if mouse/keyboard is not configured properly?

Secondly, in my board there is no mouse, and my keyboard driver is not ready
yet. I will implement it when keyboard h/w would be ready. But for the time
being, I want to see some output on the screen without mouse/keyboard
support. But all the sample applications give the same error at runtime.

I have compiled nano-x with 'NOMOUSE = Y' and 'NOKBD = Y' option, but I get
the same error.

Does it mean that I can't run any application on the target board unless
keyboard driver is ready/properly configured?

Please suggest.

Thanks,
Aveek