nanogui: does framebuffer driver make everything greenish ?

Subject: does framebuffer driver make everything greenish ?
From: "Aveek Adhya" ####@####.####
Date: 30 Jun 2008 12:03:00 -0000
Hi,
 I am running nano-x applications on a ST based target platform, where
nano-x is compiled with frame buffer driver support. But real problem is
everything is displayed with a greenish shade, even white color is displayed
as light green. There is no problem with h/w or any connector. What could be
the possible reason of this?

I don't think I am passing any wrong values for white color. All bits are
set to 1. In fact it is not only with white color, for every color there is
greenish shade.

Even at the time of boot up, kernel message are also displayed with green
text color on the TV/monitor screen. I think the default foreground color
set by frame buffer driver should be white (I am not sure whether fb driver
really set any default foreground color).

Is that frame buffer driver responsible for this greenish effect?

Is there any generic application (like fbset) to query the frame buffer
driver to get graphics h/w information (bpp, no. of graphics planes, alpha
support etc.) of my target system?

Regards,
Aveek