nanogui: Re: Inline window manager

Subject: Re: Inline window manager
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 8 Mar 2010 05:01:59 -0000

>  but I'd like to send you the code of my inline
> window manager concept based on the original nanowm.

Johannes -

I've added all your changes into the git repository.  However,
I did do some rewriting for production use.  Some options,
like removing corner resizing and non auto-placement of
the windows are now #defined on or off in include/nanowm.h.

In addition, I renamed invoke_wm to wm_handle_event()
and added wm_init(), which are all automatically handled
and working when NANOWM=Y is set in the config
file, and LINK_APP_INTO_SERVER=Y is set.  The window
manager code, with all your enhancements, has been
renamed and added into the src/nanox/ directory as wm*.c.

The nanowm code is added as more library code to
libnano-X, which basically allows any program to
become a window manager by modifying its main
loop to call wm_handle_event, which automatically occurs
for the link app to server case when nanowm is also
specified.

You should be able to use the repository version of nano-X
and have all of your changes work, provided that you first
edit include/nanowm.h for the options you require.

We still have a small issue in how to make GrCloseWindow
work on a FLTK program.  Your version called an
extern putKey which can't be made to work in the
general case.  I'll have to think about how NXLIB
might catch the CLOSE_REQ event and somehow
close the emulated X11 window gracefully.

Thanks alot for all your fixes!