nanogui: Re: [Nano-X] FreeType2 via Framebuffer.

Subject: Re: [Nano-X] FreeType2 via Framebuffer.
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 29 Apr 2010 03:40:14 -0000

Hi Vladimir -

I looked over the X11 framebuffer emulator, and got rather
excited about it.  I have ported it to the nano-X build tree,
and it now works for 1, 2, 4 and 8bpp, with reverse bit order
as well, so you should have no problem using it to test
with any of the palette mode drivers, including fblin1rev.c.
See ChangeLog for instructions on using and building
bin/fbe.  (bin/fbe -c -r -d1 will work for you)

In addition I also modified the nano-X fb driver scr_fb.c
to allow a connection to the fbe emulator when the
environment var FRAMEBUFFER=/tmp/fb0.  A default
BPP will be used from scr_fb.c, allowing easy
testing of all the palette mode drivers, including reverse
bit order.  This uses your framebuffer hack, but cleaned
up considerably!

I also cleaned up and sped up all the palette fb drivers,
by removing asserts and extra variables.  This should
show some speed improvement.

Thanks for sending me this information!