nanogui: pixmaps and XOR not working

Subject: pixmaps and XOR not working
From: Jim Ham ####@####.####
Date: 4 May 2010 00:39:09 -0000

I have an application that runs with X without problems. It can run on a
Debian desktop or it can be cross-compiled to an ARM target. It's an
embedded app, so runs without a window manager on a 320x240 screen on
the target system.

We are considering moving to an 800x480 screen.  Nano-X is attractive to
minimize the impact of the many more pixels to deal with. So far I have
compiled the sources from the repository and linked in libNX11 and
libnano-X on my development machine. All seems to work _except_ a sprite
that is supposed to move around the screen. This sprite is a pixmap that
is defined once, then XORed over the background to move it around.
(XORed once to make it appear, then XORed in the same place to make it
disappear, repeat in another place.) This doesn't seem to work at all. I
get a horizontal black line the width of the pixmap at the top of where
the pixmap should appear. That is all.

So...
Being new to nano-X can someone suggest how to locate the problem?

Regards,

Jim Ham