nanogui: nano-X and virtual terminals

Subject: Re: [nanogui] nano-X and virtual terminals
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 8 Jun 2010 17:57:12 -0000

: If you start it from a serial terminal nano-X gets confused and tries to
: grab the keyboard from the serial terminal. If you try to start it with
: init by adding an entry to rc2.d and init.d it starts but immediately
: quits. There is no entry in any of the logs that I can find that might
: be a clue as to why.

If you start the server from init then it won't be able to
open the keyboard.  Try configuring with no keyboard
support.  Or look at the drivers/kbd_tty.c driver and
adjust the /dev entry.

:
: It would be nice for nano-X to use tty7 just as X does. Is there a
: method to force this behavior?

Look at the scr_fb.c and vtswitch.c files.  There may be some
indicator as to which pseudo tty it opens.  You might
also force a switch the same way vtswitch uses (or
at least catches).  Somebody more familiar with Linux's
internals on this may be able to help, I can't remember
the exact mechanism.