nanogui: Compile with DJGPP or MSC

Subject: Re: [nanogui] Compile with DJGPP or MSC
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 22 May 2011 20:22:53 -0000

: In version 0.92 the malpha demo did work, just the window title text was
: gone.

Yes, font drawing won't work without blit.

: The other samples which I qualified as not working just showed a black
: screen.

Which samples

:: I tried to write a new screen driver for DOS but that did not work yet.
How
: do I implement a blit driver entry point? I would really like to do that.
If
: I look at the screendevice structure, there is no entry point for a blit
: driver.

Sorry, I mispoke.  With the new driver architecture the blitting is
all handled internally to the graphics engine using the new conversion
blit routines (engine/convblit*.c).  Then, for systems that aren't
actually implementing a framebuffer, the screen device Update
routine is automatically called by these conversion blits to output
the font or image display data to the screen.  X11 is a good example
for this, and the contents of the internal memory are copied
to the display using X11 calls.  See drivers/scr_x11.c for the Update
entry point.  Note that you won't have to implement update for
every bit depth, just the default bit depth you want to implement.
X11 handles all of 'em, so its more complicated.