nanogui: New to Nano-X: Font problems

Subject: Re: [nanogui] New to Nano-X: Font problems
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 1 Jun 2011 03:19:31 -0000

Franco,

Try compiling up the tree and running the various
src/*.sh demo shell scripts to see whether fonts
work.  Or is your issue just to do with adding internal
fonts to the system?

Hello all,
I'm sorry if this is not the right place for this question. I started
experimenting with nano-X last week but i had some trouble to display built
in fonts.I've compiled the code using the "config.x11" configuration file
removing the jpg and png support and i successfully run some of the test
applications.After installing the libraries, headers and binaries i started
to do some tests with the hello.c code found in the tutorial but when i run
the compiled code all i have is a white window whatever the text is.I have
tested it with and without the windows manager, and when i use the windows
manager the title bar is also without text.I can only have some text written
if I use a different font like "arial" or "times" but in this case the text
appear in a black rectangle no matter which background color i set.After
running my hello.c i noted that also the demos are without any text on the
title bars and they never display the built in fonts.
What could cause this problems?
Thanks in advance (or sorry again if this is not the right place),
Franco Benedetti