nanogui: NXVIEW problem

Subject: Re: [nanogui] NXVIEW problem
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 16 Jun 2011 16:58:59 -0000

: When converting tux.gif to tux.bmp, this works fine in 16 color, and 24
: color mode, 256color mode shows wrong colors.

Not sure what conversion program you're using here, whether
this is a conversion problem or not.

: I can display dragon.bmp when
: converted to 16 color mode, but not in any other mode. Same with other bmp
: images.
:
: I can display test.pbm, ntetris.ppm, uponface.ppm and slider.ppm - but not
: mwlogo.ppm!

Different image decoders load images in different internal formats,
some using a palette, others truecolor etc.  Each is different
and needs to be looked at seperately.  Also, we need to know
whether you're running truecolor or palette mode on your hardware,
which affects the complicated blit or GdDrawImage routine that
actually converts from the internal image format to the framebuffer
on your device.

:
: Also I had no luck with TUX.GIF, JPEG, PNG and TIFF files. The message is
: that it cannot load these files, however, that is the only error message
: implemented if loading the image fails, which can have a lot of reasons. I
: have linked libjpeg.a, libpng.a, libz.a and libtiff.a compiled for DJGPP.

Each loader requires an entry =Y in the config file, which also drags
in the required libraries.  If not present, the generic image loader will
issue an error message, which sounds like what you're getting.