nanogui: microwindows touch screen using input event0 not working

Subject: microwindows touch screen using input event0 not working
From: Larry Samuels ####@####.####
Date: 22 Jul 2011 23:34:14 -0000

Hello,
  I am porting microwindows to an embedded system, and I am trying to get the touchscreen to be read from microwindows demo apps.
  I am  using a patched file on microwindows v 0.92 to connect the /dev/input/event0 to microwindows.
The patch is from: http://www.linuxhacker.org/cgi-bin/ezmlm-cgi?5:msn:10843
I can run microwindows apps on the target with debug info printed to the console.
I see mouse touch events coming from mou_event.c (the new driver instead of mou_touchscreen.c).
I see mouse touch events coming from devmouse.c  (GrReadMouse displays new x,y positions).
But, nxcal, nxscribble do not show any mouse events or movement.
Can you help me troubleshoot how to get applications to see the mouse position, when the engine sees it?
My target is Samsung S3C2440 ARM9 processor with built in touch sensor.

Regards,
Larry Samuels