nanogui: Portrait mode image display problem.

Subject: RE: [nanogui] Portrait mode image display problem.
From: Don Heyse ####@####.####
Date: 16 Nov 2011 20:55:48 -0000

Hi Georg,

Thanks for the reply.  I've had some trouble with the fork() implementation in
the particular version of uclibc on the zipit, so I'll keep an eye on that when
I get around to dillo.

But my current problem is something you may not have seen in the DOS
port.  I need to use the -L command line switch to run the nano-X server
rotated 90 degrees left.  In this mode I see the bugs.

--Don--

> as you know I ported Dillo to DOS using FLTK based on NXLib.
>
> If you have FLTK based on NXlib running on the Zipit Z2, I see no problem
> getting Dillo to work on it.
>
> The problems with DOS were getting the TCP/IP stack to work, the EWOULDBLOCK
> error was not handled in Dillo and stopped the download when it occured.
> Also Dillo uses fork() to run a lot of tasks in separate processes (the dpi
> stuff) which could not be done this way in DOS. All this will be no problem
> for you since you are using Linux.
>
> So all you have to do is get it to compile, I see no area that would require
> code changes.

Yes, it works great in the native orientation, but some things break down in
the various other portrait modes.  I added some more pictures here.

http://macrofig.blogspot.com/2011/11/i-blame-trees.html

Don