nanogui: Performance : FLTK+Nxlib+Nano-X

Subject: Re: [nanogui] Performance : FLTK+Nxlib+Nano-X
From: Pete Klemm ####@####.####
Date: 3 Aug 2012 03:04:34 -0000

Arun,

My main use for FreeType and UTF-8 support was for Chinese. I use the
fireflysung.ttf font for that. It can found at

http://www.study-area.org/apt/firefly-font/fireflysung-1.3.0.tar.gz

Did you try the DejaVu fonts http://dejavu-fonts.org/wiki/Main_Page
I believe it has Cyrillic support.

I ended up modifying my application code to handle all text internally
in wide
characters (wchar_t). This way I can support all unicode code points.

For example,

     GrText( window, _gc, x, y, wcString,  wcslen(wcString), GR_TFUC32 );

Hope some of this helps.

Pete