nanogui: nano-x porting and GUI libraries

Subject: nano-x porting and GUI libraries
From: LM ####@####.####
Date: 6 Mar 2013 12:33:35 -0000

Had some general questions about libraries that work with
nano-x/microwindows and about what systems it might potentially run
on.

Has anyone been able to get nano-x nxlib building and working natively
on Windows?  I was able to get it to build in Cygwin using their X11
support.  However, would love to be able to run some X applications
natively on Windows without the need for Cygwin.  Is anyone else
interested in this besides me?  I've also been hearing a lot of talk
about Wayland on Linux systems.  Has there been any thought of porting
nano-x/microwindows to run on top of Wayland?  I read that Wayland was
going to be able to run X11 applications through an X server running
as a client.

I've also been trying to check which GUI libraries would run well on
nano-x.  FLTK 1.3 looks good.  I tried to check if SDL 1.2.15 worked
as well.  Asked on the SDL mailing list, but no one seemed to know.  I
did notice some code in the SDL library that looked like it targeted
nano-x, but wasn't sure if it was up-to-date and working.  If SDL is
working, pdcurses has an option to run via SDL, so that should work as
well.  Any other GUI libraries worth checking out for use with nano-x?
 Has anyone had any luck with wxwidgets and nano-x?  There is a
wxwidgets embedded port to X11 that cuts out the need for GTK+, but
this doesn't appear to be fully implemented and functioning.  Couldn't
help wondering if the Windows version of wxwidgets might work with
microwindows and allow porting of some programs like audacity and
filezilla.  Any other ideas?  Any suggestions of what Open Source
applications might port easily/work with nano-x?

Thanks.

Sincerely,
Laura
http://www.distasis.com/cpp