nanogui: WebKit based browser for Nano-X

Subject: Re: [nanogui] WebKit based browser for Nano-X
From: "Georg Potthast" ####@####.####
Date: 14 Dec 2014 20:08:41 -0000

I made a tiny Linux distro called Nanolinux which includes the Dillo browser. https://sourceforge.net/projects/nanolinux/

This distro uses NXlib and FLTK instead of X11 and GTK. I wanted to have a better browser for this distro replacing the Dillo browser so I started with the NetRider project. Also I thought it would be a good thing to have an FLTK GUI for WebKit in addition to GTK and Qt.

Lauri and I started out about the same time with our FLTK browser projects not knowing of each others plans. Now our projects run in parallel. Even though we both use FLTK the projects are quite different.

One difference I see is that the webkit library I made is platform independent while he uses FLTK within his webkit library. So I could make an SDL test application that uses my webkit library and as I mentioned a nano-X GUI could be made as well.

Georg