nanogui: Microwindows 0.87pre4 released

Subject: Microwindows 0.87pre4 released
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 19 Jan 2000 16:44:46 -0000

Wow! It's sure nice to see all the submissions to Microwindows
this morning!!  Of course, just last night, I finished putting together
my hopefully final prerelease of 0.87, available at:

ftp://microwindows.censoft.com/pub/microwindows/microwindows-0.87pre4.tar.gz

This release contains quite a few small changes, and a big
change to the Makefile system.  Morten Jolicoeur contributed
a config-based Makefile system back in October, and I've finally
caught up enough to make it all work with all the changes since then.
This new system allows separate config files to be used to control
different machine targets, operating systems, and features without
modifying the Makefiles.  Martin also wrote a X wish based gui
config generator, but I haven't been able to test that.  Please
check out the config system and let me know how well it works.

Other additions include:

    o Martin's contributed JPEG and BMP file reader/display routines,
so that disk based images can be displayed.

    o Morten's variable sized PIXELVAL mods, so the servers
can be compiled using 8, 16 and 32-bit sized PIXELVALs,
for best memory utilization, and allowing applications to create
and display images in the native hardware format.

    o PF_TRUECOLOR0888 (note that 0) was added for
4 byte pixel packing.

    o Victor Rogach contributed a DJGPP port of Microwindows
based on the GRX graphics package.  GRX sets up enhanced
video modes under 32-bit protected mode so that Microwindows
now runs on 32-bit DOS.

    o Rosimildo contributed changes for the RTEMS operating
system, allowing the scr_bios vga driver to be used without
making _any_ bios calls.

    o Kyle Harris contributed fixes to the 16 and 32bpp framebuffer
blitter routines, they didn't work for non-zero offsets.

    o Added Dan's GrReparentWindow routine, allowing window
managers to be written.

I'd like this to be the last prerelease before 0.87, my biggest concern
is the updated Makefile system.  I'll be looking at the four contributions
that arrived this morning and hopefully get them in and cut the
final soon.

Please send bug reports to the list or myself at ####@####.####

Full Changelog:
Version 0.87pre4 - 18th January 2000 - ####@####.####
 * added Martin's new config-based Makefile system
 * added Martin's JPEG and BMP file reading/display routines
 * added Morten's variable PIXELVAL size mods
 * added contributed DJGPP/GRX port by Victor Rogachev
 * fixed 16bpp and 32bpp fb blit routines, by Kyle Harris
 * added Rosimildo's RTEMS changes, scr_bios now runs without bios
 * added Dan's GrReparentWindow, fixed GetWindowInfo bug
 * added PF_TRUECOLOR0888 for 4 byte packing
 * updated doc directory with html faq, architecture