nanogui: Borrowing from Wine..., possible?

Subject: RE: Borrowing from Wine..., possible?
From: Greg Haerr ####@####.####
Date: 3 Mar 2000 01:23:08 -0000

:I've been trying to read wine's license, but I can't make heads or
:tails of it.  In any event, I finished a few Win32 API functions, then
:I realized Wine had probably already done all of this, and I should
:check out how they did it.  Well, they had a much more elegant
:solution that looks like it was borrowed from X.  I've already written
:most of the code, so its not a big deal right now, but I'm sure it
:will come up again, so I'd like to get the question out of the way.
:

Please send your win32 api stuff over, I'll be happy to include
it in Microwindows.

:Can we borrow from wine?  I know we're using the MPL, but since it
:allows commercial products to be developed from it, then I don't know
:if we can use wine's stuff.

Wine is totally free.  You can use the wine code for anything you
want, providing that you keep the copyright notices intact.

Both wine and twin (www.willows.com) and twine (www.codeweavers.com)
are resources for building upper level windows things.  I would
ask that things get kept simple for Microwindows if possible,
since the Wine goal is 100% binary compatibility, and Microwindows'
goal is simplicity and smallness.