nanogui: How do I implement very fast image producing?

Subject: Re: How do I implement very fast image producing?
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 10 Jan 2001 19:53:21 -0000

: My application needs very fast image producing on display screen.
:
: Currently, I send my image by calling GrArea function.
:
: I want more fast method.
:
: Is it possible to draw image directly on display screen buffer?

My next big project is to write blitting routines for
copy, color-key, and alpha-blending for each bpp screen
driver, as well as conversion routines between bpps.

Currently, Microwindows has a special-cased 16bpp driver
for GrArea, you might look into that.

You can draw directly to the display buffer currently only
if you link your application to the server, thus getting
memory-mapped access.  I hope to add client-side
memory-mapping as well in the next major cut.