nanogui: nanogui widget set

Subject: RE: nanogui widget set
From: Lajber Zoltan ####@####.####
Date: 11 Jun 1999 20:37:55 -0000

On Fri, 11 Jun 1999, Greg Haerr wrote:

> I think the only way to go is to look at porting existing widget/custom control
> sets.   The key is to start with a widget set that is fairly simple, and
> doesn't use alot of the more sophisticated low-level draw/clip functions.

Well, fltk is _relatively_ small and simple. The lib is around 500k. It
run on X, OpenGL, and win32 api.

> Another major consideration is which api the widget is running on top of.  For instance,
> the nano-X (mini-X) engine implements a very basic (but suitable) set window-creation
> and graphics draw primitives that are almost identical to their Xlib counterparts, but
> with the names changed.  Perhaps nano-X should change the names to be 100% compatible.
> That's the approach I've taken with Micro-Windows, but with the win32 api.  In any case,
> a quick recompile of your fltk button widget, with all the X database stuff removed,
> and all the X header files changed to a single "nano-X.h", would be the first step.

I will try.

> In regards to the gui designer, what is the output of this program?  Does it write
> a resource file or output C code?

C++ code, not bad at all.

The other way for me is to write a realy small widget set.
This oen should be not LGPL, but MPL. It seams I need it, becouse I going
to use touch screens, and the normal mouse-orinted widgets not well suited
to point by a finger.

Bye
 LAJBER Zoltan           ####@####.####          http://jht.gau.hu/~lajbi
 GATE Jarmu- es Hotechnika Tanszek                        http://jht.gau.hu