nanogui: X-games, doom, hexen ...

Subject: RE: [nanogui] X-games, doom, hexen ...
From: Nikolaj Berntsen ####@####.####
Date: 15 Aug 2001 15:23:32 -0000

> XRoach has been ported, you can get it from the Microwindows CVS

Thanx. Didn't notive that there was CVS. I can see, clearly now [singing],
nxroach. Thanx.

> XBill has been ported, I will put the source for that on the FTP site.

appreciate that. Why not in CVS too?

> Xpenguins has been ported, but I haven't run it in a month of Sundays.
I'll
> have to get back to you on that.

I'll hold my breath (no, it is neither a threat nor a promise:)

> Sorry...  The way that Microwindows currently works is that we have to do
> lots of memory copies in the client program, and that takes time.  We
> probably could get a little more performance if we started optimizing for
> specific processors, but we have always favored compatability and
portablity.
> Microwindows will soon provide a client side framebuffer for speed, but
thats
> still a couple of releases away.

How does releases work? I only see very old announcements on
microwindows.org. How much is in pathces on the mailing list and who
contribute on CVS?

> nxdoom has really ugly colors, the STB supports truecolor. Can I utilize
> that?

> Acutally, the nxdoom has its own palette colors, so what you have is what
you
> get.

You are saying it is ugly because nxdoom has a bad choice of builtin colors?
Nothing I can do about it without getting my hands really dirty :-?

> 320x200 *IS* fullscreen for the Ipaq.. :)  You will need to change both
the
> defines that you did, and also go through and hack on i_video.c.    Maybe
you
> can find some speed improvements that I missed.

I'll see what happens :-> core dump :-! I'll get back if something else
happens.

I was wondering on the license of nxdoom. There is a file saying it is only
for non-commercial use, but I had the impression that doom was GPL. What
goes?

Regards
Nikolaj

K. Nikolaj Berntsen  Technical Consultant
AGENCY.COM Interactive TV

Islands Brygge 57, DK-2300 Copenhagen S
T: +45 3693 6000  F: +45 3693 6001
Direct: +45 3693 6120