nanogui: svgalib support

Subject: Re: [nanogui] svgalib support
From: "Greg Haerr" ####@####.####
Date: 28 Aug 2001 02:40:01 -0000

: However, I'm having a problem with the svgalib blits. The problem is that
: blits are always called using dstpsd->Blit() -- so the destination driver
: has to know how to read the source device. This becomes a problem when
: blitting from the screen to an offscreen bitmap: under svgalib, there is
: no sensible value to set psd->addr to, because the screen is not always
: linearly mapped (as a case in point, on the CT655xx device that I'm
: working on, linear mode does not work at all.) This causes a crash when
: trying to move a window.
:
: How is this supposed to work under the Microwindows abstraction? Any
: advice on how to proceed?

Take a look at how this was accomplished with the X screen
driver, drivers/scr_x11.c.  Basically, in the offscreen case the
psd->addr is used to point to a fake offscreen PSD that holds the
bits.  Then when the blit case requires offscreen RAM to be read,
it uses that address rather than the svgalib bits.

Let me know if you need more help with this, and thanks for adding
to the svgalib code.