nanogui: On-the-fly changing of display resolution and color depth?

Subject: On-the-fly changing of display resolution and color depth?
From: "Thomas Wolfram" ####@####.####
Date: 5 Sep 2001 16:57:32 -0000

Hi,

I'm new to MicroWindows and I'm about to port it to MS VC++
and WDOSX.

I wonder whether it is possible for a MicroWindows application to
change the display resolution and color depth on the fly similar to
the way it's done under Windows with display properties?
I.e. without restarting the application?

I looked in the code and I guess the answer is no?

But if it's not supported yet, what would be required to add this?
I guess it would be necessary to copy some state (like the current
framebuffer contents + something else?) in a memory buffer,
then changing the resolution, updating perhaps some info structures
and then copying the state back to the framebuffer (taking into account
the changed offsets and color depth/pixel value representations).

Or would it be much more complicated than that?

Thank you in advance,
regards,
Thomas