nanogui: [announce] multibyte-ttf 0.5 beta is out.

Subject: Re: [nanogui] [announce] multibyte-ttf 0.5 beta is out.
From: Sang Baek Lee ####@####.####
Date: 7 Sep 2001 00:56:24 -0000

>1. The conversion function is written in C++, which requires that basic
>Microwindows would require C++, rather than C.  I can't add two functions
>into Microwindows for this reason, so the routines need to be converted to C.
>There are quite a few embedded C libraries that don't yet support C++.

Oh, I know that Microwindows is written in C, and I thought I've wrote
my code in C.
Can you please point out where I've used C++ code?

>2. There are many cases where a strncmp() function on "EUCKR" or
>other charset types is performed.  This is slow, and will add to the text
>string output slowness.  Can these strncmp() compares be converted to
>use the MWTF_EUCKR for a binary comparison instead?

Oh, I got the point. In fact this convert code was not made for
Microwindows.
It was made for my own job. ;) I'll make this use MWTF_EUCKR instead of
strncpy.
(I was going to ask you for this problem. ;-) )

>If you would like, I can perform the above conversions.  Or you may
>already have additional modifications.  Let me know, as I would like to
>add your code to the Microwindows release.
>
>Also, I would like to allow the new additional MWTF_xxx encoding
>types to be used with the GrText calls directly, so that conversion is
>not required.  Is this currently supported?

Nop, not yet. but I'll do it as fast as I can.

Best Regards,

SangBaek