nanogui: nanox+flnx problem

Subject: Re: [nanogui] nanox+flnx problem
From: Jordan Crouse ####@####.####
Date: 16 Jul 2002 18:54:45 -0000

> i did this already for the clientside direct framebuffer access and
> posted it to greg.
> however, with flnx, it is quite more complicated, because one needs to
> get back to the level of x.h or n_x.h for nanox.

As long as you are in the internal widgets of FLNX, you already have
n_x.h included somewhere, so its really not a problem.

> bacause, as i saw, the positions of the rootlevel window are stored at
> the beginning as instances of the Fl_Widget, but are never changed, when
> the window is moved in nano-X, i dont even know if the initial placement
> is correct (as passed in the constructor Fl_Window(...)).

Thats why we don't depend on the FLNX functions, and we use
GrGetWindowInfo directly - Microwindows always knows where the window
is, so we can rely on the information that it passes us.  For any given
FLNX window, there are at least two parent windows that lay outside of
FLNX (the container window and the root window) - for this reason,
GrGetWindowInfo works out well.

> this would maybe solve the remaining problems, because i saw, that all
> the parent window offsets are summed up correctly by the menu class, but
> the offset of the rootwindow is in no relation to the momentary
> placement in nano-X.

As far as the FLNX window is concerned, its coordinates are always
located at (0,5), because as soon as it is created it is placed in a
container (the other 5 pixels are used for the titlebar).  Thats why it
is important to use Microwindows to directly determine the correct
location of the window.   Thats also why it is important that FLNX use
relative coordinates and not absolute coordinates.

Jordan