nanogui: Suggestion for adding nanowm into graphic server!

Subject: Re: [nanogui] Re: Suggestion for adding nanowm into graphic server!
From: "wang" ####@####.####
Date: 6 Aug 2002 09:23:46 -0000
>one of the outstanding core issues on my nano-X wishlist is to make it
>fully reentrant.  it seems like anything else involving clever hacks to
>link multiple tasks into the server is just sidestepping this issue.
>there are plenty of embedded systems without virtual memory where a
>reentrant nano-X would be a big win.
>
>I've been using a "big lock" hack for about two years now to allow
>multiple threads under RTEMS to perform nano-X calls.  it works, but
>isn't very elegant.
  Use multiple thread at embedded systems is very successful.actually,
in a simple embedded system use multiple thread should be thought about
at the first place,but in fact I want nano-x can go further,I hope my
linux server also can use this simple and efficient graphic system
instead of x,and some complicated embeded systems can use this ,so I
support both.
        wang
          2002-08-06