nanogui: Direct framebuffer access, SDL

Subject: Re: [nanogui] Direct framebuffer access, SDL
From: "wang" ####@####.####
Date: 13 Aug 2002 01:15:08 -0000
Markku Strandman wrote:
>How does the direct fb access work? Is it only available when I run nanox
>under linux framebuffer? How does SDL work with all this? Does it work
>with fullscreen only, or with a windowed application too? What happens
>when I move the window around?

  Fb is a device,so if you want to use it you should map it to you memory
space ,nanox do so ,in SDL it should do so too .It's not only work with
fullscreen,in SDL you could specify pixmap and X,Y position.so it can
be put  in a window ,if you move the window around ,the x y should be
changed with some mechanism to ensure the pixmap can be put in right
position.

>Is there a connection to SDL's hardware
>surfaces, or is this completely different thing?

  I'm not sure of this .may be somebody else know.

        wang
          2002-08-13