nanogui: question for the FAQ (vnc)

Subject: Re: question for the FAQ (vnc)
From: Alex Holden ####@####.####
Date: 25 Apr 1999 23:16:44 -0000

On Sun, 25 Apr 1999, pehr anderson wrote:
> I'd like to know how this project relates to the
> VNC (virtual network computing) protocol
> from ORL. VNC is interesting because
> GPL'd implementations exsit for
> many platforms already, and include network
> support with a decent security model (or so
> I've been told) scaling all the way down to the
> palm pilot which has almost no resources,
> yet also works for reasonably high-end applications.

It does sound pretty cool, but possibly overambitious for what I want to
start with, which is a way to have small graphical applications running on
a palmtop.

> It seems like nanogui is crying out to be VNC compatible.

Nobody's stopping you from writing it yourself. It sounds interesting, but
I want to get the basic functionality in place before starting on all the
bells and whistles...

> This seems like a question many embedded & PDA
> developers are likely  to have so I would really like to
> see it addressed in the FAQ.

That was the first time it was asked, but I'll put it in when I next
update it if I remember ;)

--------------- Linux- the choice of a GNU generation. --------------
: Alex Holden (M1CJD)- Caver, Programmer, Land Rover nut, Radio Ham :