nanogui: Nano-X display problem: swapped pixel columns w/ Kyocera QVGA LCD, also touchscreen mapping issue

Previous in thread: 28 Jan 2003 17:04:18 -0000 Re: Nano-X display problem: swapped pixel columns w/ Kyocera QVGA LCD, also touchscreen mapping issue, David Muse

Subject: Re: [nanogui] Nano-X display problem: swapped pixel columns w/ Kyocera QVGA LCD, also touchscreen mapping issue
From: Jordan Crouse ####@####.####
Date: 28 Jan 2003 17:04:18 -0000

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003 10:28:25 -0600
"Marc W. Cygnus" ####@####.#### wrote:

> When I run any Nano-X application, however, I see even and odd pixel
> columns swapped. To be precise: column 0 and 1 are swapped, 2 and 3
> are swapped, and so forth. The screen image appears to be the proper
> size, however (QVGA, 320 x 240).

Hmm... it seems that your framebuffer memory is
arranged differently than your processor (I don't want to say
different endian here, because I'm not sure if the bit order is
reversed or not).  That happens occasionally. The Helio had a similar
problem, so we used drivers/fblin4rev.c to fix it. You will
just need to extend that same concept out for your 12 bit system.

Regards,
Jordan