nanogui: re:

Subject: re:
From: Greg Haerr ####@####.####
Date: 10 May 1999 18:31:04 -0000

I completely agree with setting up the frame buffer device.  It's a pain in the ass.

I am looking for someone to write an svgalib driver for nanoX, now that it's
easy to add drivers.  This will allow nanoX to run on all those millions of Linux
systems that are still running < 2.2 kernels...  svgalib also supports mice.

I've got a long list of features too.  But nanoX is still **very** primitive.  I am
going to be writing a window manager soon, but I have some big API issues
that need to be discussed.

Currently, I am concentrating on getting nanoX so that it can be readily
customized for multiple operating systems, with drivers easily added.
The upper level api work will be next, as that gets into how we'll integrate a window
manager, and what the look-and-feel should be like.

I've been on an extreme coding binge, with no stopping yet planned...

Greg