nanogui: nanoWidgets

Subject: RE: nanoWidgets
From: Greg Haerr ####@####.####
Date: 4 Oct 1999 18:06:55 -0000

: >o GR_MODE_XOR should work now, it doesn't in older versions
: >of nano-X.
:
: Great. That should clean up a lot of stuff.

	Almost all the drivers that I've written now support XOR.  Let
me know if/when it doesn't work for you.  The OR and AND modes aren't
all implemented yet.

:
: Does text clipping work too? I seem to remember seeing something related
: to that in your code. That was one of the big limitations.

	Text clipping works in windows, but I can't clip text with a clip
region other than the entire window clip region, yet.  But it's coming...  This
is part of a big "region" redo for when microwindows supports regions (even
just sets of rectangle implementations.)  Currently, the clip code
is all associated with a window.

:
: >o I made a change to set the default font to something quite a bit
: >skinnier for nano-X.  This will allow dialogs to look much better.  As a result,
: >your text field sizes are off.
:
: Ok.. I'll take a look at it, and make an effort to do the calculations
: correctly, so that they handle multiple font sizes this time :-)

Let me know if the font structure doesn't have enough info to correctly
position the text.

:
: There's another issue with the textfields too: ESC isn't a good choice
: to use as a special case for termination in the keyboard driver.....
: Is that still in? I'd like to be able to handle cursor movement and
: other escape sequences properly...

	Funny!  When I first ran your nanoWidgets and saw the textfield
cursor, the first thing I did was hit an arrow key to move it, and of course
the program quit!  ha ha.  I think microwindows should handle the arrow key
processing... I suppose you want me to add that?  I seem to remember
some fancy code that knows the difference between ESC and ESC [ A.