nanogui: flnx

Subject: RE: [nanogui] FLNX
From: "Van Rafelghem, Dominique" ####@####.####
Date: 11 Aug 2005 23:25:01 +0100

Hi Alan,

I looked at the FLTK website and some of the e-mail threads on
####@####.#### and was wondering if anyone had ported a more recent
version of Mozilla or some other web browser to run on Nano-X.

I looked at the NxZilla http://nxzilla.sourceforge.net/#Introduction but
that project seems to be inactive.  I was going to try and build this
version of NxZilla but ran into problems obtaining the mozilla-1.0rc2
package which is mentioned on the site
http://nxzilla.sourceforge.net/#Introduction.  The problem also with this
software is that it is quite old.  The last time someone did anything with
it was back in May of 2002 per the freshmeat.net website
http://freshmeat.net/projects/nxzilla/.

I tried ViewMl but that also has its problems.  I was able to compile and
link the Nano-X server, Nanowm windows manager, and FLNX, but when it came
to compiling ViewMl I ran into a slew of compiler problems which seem to be
related to the particular version of the gcc compiler one uses.  I was using
gcc 3.3 but from reading some of the e-mails out there ViewMl only compiles
with gcc 2.96.  I would go back and get the 2.96 compiler but would prefer
not to do that as I would have to switch back and forth.

Dominique Van Rafelghem