nanogui: Thread: Micro-Windows v0.82 released

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Micro-Windows v0.82 released
From: Greg Haerr ####@####.####
Date: 6 Jul 1999 17:33:03 -0000

I have released another version of Micro-Windows, which allows
much easier porting to ELKS through use of a single Makefile for ELKS
and Linux, as well as adding another improved window move algorithm
for cpu's that don't have much pixelpower.  Visible region calculations
are now performed for flicker-free redrawing by clipping out
all regions that don't need repainting.  This is currently performed
simply by using a single bounding rectangle for the update region.  I'm
about ready to add multi-rectangle update region calculation, but
it's proving to be hard to write a bug-free region diff and region union,
so it's going to take a little longer.  I'm also concerned about the size
and speed of this feature as well, so this version works quite well
in small spaces.  Various other features and
bug fixes were performed.  This version continues to be stable.

Following is the changelog:

Version 0.82 - 5th July 1999 - ####@####.####
	* added contributed clock demo for nano-X from Alistair Riddoch
	* added update region calculation for window painting
	* fixed GdColorInPalette, GdSetPalette, various palette bugs
	* added double click to maximize/restore windows
	* added mouse double click processing
	* added GetTickCount() api, requires OS millisecond time fn
	* fixed some expose region calculations
	* combined Makefile builds both/either Micro-Windows and Nano-X
	* wrote XORMOVE window move algorithm for slow cpu's
	* added GetDCEx(), SetROP2() and various rect api
	* change to single toplevel Makefile mod for ELKS or LINUX
	* changed default ELKS mouse port to /dev/ttys0, type to "pc"
	* changed tgmath.h to math.h

Feel free to download it and try out the various window move algorithms....  I'd
like to hear what each of you think is the "prettiest."

Greg