nanogui: Thread: help !

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: help !
From: Alexandre Berman ####@####.####
Date: 17 Oct 2000 06:09:22 -0000

Hello.
I am still trying to put linux on my casiopeia E-100 and
have a few questions:
* when I use ftpsvr.exe (ftp server) running on Casio, I transfer some
  files on casio's flash card. What is the file system on that card ?
  Can I make card ext2 file system and NOT use ramdisk.o in that case ?
* I had difficult time making ramdisk.o of my own larger than 4MB.
  Can I create fs as large as say.. 8MB in the /dev/ram ? And, then
  turn it into ramdisk.o ?
Thank you, Alex

> I am still trying to put linux on my casiopeia E-100 and
> have a few questions:
> * when I use ftpsvr.exe (ftp server) running on Casio, I transfer some
>   files on casio's flash card. What is the file system on that card ?
>   Can I make card ext2 file system and NOT use ramdisk.o in that case ?
	[Simon Wood]
	don't know....

> * I had difficult time making ramdisk.o of my own larger than 4MB.
>   Can I create fs as large as say.. 8MB in the /dev/ram ? And, then
>   turn it into ramdisk.o ?
	[Simon Wood]
	Yes you can rebuild the ramdisk. There are some instructions on http://www.linux-vr.org/ramdisk.html

	The only problem I had was with the device 'files' in /dev which can't be copied, I made a MAKEDEV script - if you need it I can dig it out for you later tonight (bear in mind it's early morning now).

	Then just copy all of the original disk across.

	You may need to change the initial ram disk size in the kernel compile or within the CyaCE ini file.

	Hope this gets you going,
	Simon Wood.