nanogui: Thread: re:

[<<] [<] Page 2 of 3 [>] [>>]
Subject: RE:
From: Greg Haerr ####@####.####
Date: 11 May 1999 19:00:15 -0000

I agree that the window mgr should be modular, but if you want different window
managers, you might as well use X.   Actually, although it was a good idea,
the fact that X's design allowed for so much flexibility with differing looks and feels
contributed to Microsoft's taking over with their faster, more consistent gui...

The first version of nanoX that I write will definitely have some built-in window
management, in order to keep it small.  In my opinion, *all* of nanoX should be
kept small, so that it can be used where X can't.  Otherwise, why not just use X?

Greg