nanogui: Thread: TuxScreen

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: TuxScreen
From: Jordan Crouse ####@####.####
Date: 27 Aug 2001 15:56:38 -0000

All -

I would like to bring your attention to a brand new StrongArm (SA1100)
project that has come up.

The TuxScreen project (http://tuxscreen.net) is based on the now discontinued
Phillips IS2630 screen phone (a regular touchtone phone with a 640x480
touchscreen attached).  A linux aficionado recently got a few thousand of
these phones, and he is selling them at very low prices.

They are an excellent platform for hacking and testing new programs and
concepts.  For our part, I have started the TinyTOE project (Tiny Tuxscreen
Operating Environment) which is based exclusively on Microwindows.  We
currently have a window manager and a terminal, a game and ViewML running on
the TuxScreen (all running in 2MB of flash space), and I am looking for more
Microwindows experts to help me add more apps and functionality to the
system.

This is an excellent platform to show the advantages of Microwindows to the
open source community (as well as being a really cheap way to get your hands
on a StrongArm device).

You can get ordering information from the following URL:
http://tuxscreen.net/wiki/view//TimRiker

More information about Microwindows on the TuxScreen can be found at:
http://tuxscreen.net/wiki/view//MicroWindows

Happy hacking, and I hope to hear from you soon!
Jordan