nanogui: Thread: KDGKMODE: Invalid argument

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: KDGKMODE: Invalid argument
From: Mikhail Ivanov ####@####.####
Date: 22 Jun 2001 11:21:14 -0000

I have a keyboard problem: when running nano-X I get:

KDGKMODE: Invalid argument

(followed by "unable to initialise keyboard").
SCANKBD is set to Y in config. The system is
Linux in framebuffer mode. If I set NOKBD in config,
the server works fine, with no keyboard.
Any ideas on how to make the keyboard work are
greatly appreciated.

--
Sincerely,
Mikhail Ivanov

Do you have /dev/tty on your device?  Is it an actual device, or is it a soft
link?

Also, try TTYKBD, its a little less demanding when it tries to open the TTY.

Jordan

On Friday 22 June 2001 05:24, Mikhail Ivanov mentioned:
> I have a keyboard problem: when running nano-X I get:
>
> KDGKMODE: Invalid argument
>
> (followed by "unable to initialise keyboard").
> SCANKBD is set to Y in config. The system is
> Linux in framebuffer mode. If I set NOKBD in config,
> the server works fine, with no keyboard.
> Any ideas on how to make the keyboard work are
> greatly appreciated.
>

> --
> Sincerely,
> Mikhail Ivanov

> Do you have /dev/tty on your device?  Is it an actual device, or is it a soft
> link?

Yes, it's in place and is not a link; but it says
"Device not configured" when I'm trying to access it, so
the problem may be with the device, thanks for the hint.

> Also, try TTYKBD, its a little less demanding when it tries to open the TTY.

No "KDGKMODE: Invalid argument" this time, but
still "Unable to initialise keyboard"

> Jordan
>

> On Friday 22 June 2001 05:24, Mikhail Ivanov mentioned:
> > I have a keyboard problem: when running nano-X I get:
> >
> > KDGKMODE: Invalid argument
> >
> > (followed by "unable to initialise keyboard").
> > SCANKBD is set to Y in config. The system is
> > Linux in framebuffer mode. If I set NOKBD in config,
> > the server works fine, with no keyboard.
> > Any ideas on how to make the keyboard work are
> > greatly appreciated.
> >

> > --
> > Sincerely,
> > Mikhail Ivanov