nanogui: Thread: CVS

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: CVS
From: Alex Holden ####@####.####
Date: 24 Jun 1999 15:35:18 -0000

I've kicked CVS until it started working again, and got most of what was
going to be Nano-X-0.5pre4 into it. At this point it probably won't build
without a bit of hacking, plus I still haven't had time to finish the
networking code (what I've done of the client side is there (but not
quite finished), but not the server side). I'm now going to start merging
Greg's changes in, though no guarantees on when it'll be finished.
I've also put bogl-0.9.0 with my incomplete (because I wasn't sure how to
handle the issue of converting or dithering colours) mono frame buffer
driver included into the CVS (module name bogl).

I want as much of the Nano-X development to take place as possible via the
CVS now. If anyone else wants CVS write access, just yell. If anyone else
wants to put their widget set, window manager, Nano-X specific
application, etc. into the CVS, just get write access from me and do it.

--------------- Linux- the choice of a GNU generation. --------------
: Alex Holden (M1CJD)- Caver, Programmer, Land Rover nut, Radio Ham :
-------------------- http://www.linuxhacker.org/ --------------------

: I've also put bogl-0.9.0 with my incomplete (because I wasn't sure how to
: handle the issue of converting or dithering colours) mono frame buffer
: driver included into the CVS (module name bogl).
:

	The way to convert colors to mono is to first convert the color
to gray scale, and then luminance-test the result.  If the result is > than
50% luminance, go with white, else black.  Dithering will require pattern
brushes, which aren't implemented.
>: I've also put bogl-0.9.0 with my incomplete (because I wasn't sure how to
>: handle the issue of converting or dithering colours) mono frame buffer
>: driver included into the CVS (module name bogl).
>:
>
> The way to convert colors to mono is to first convert the color
>to gray scale, and then luminance-test the result.  If the result is > than
>50% luminance, go with white, else black.  Dithering will require pattern
>brushes, which aren't implemented.

I suppose the 50% could be made a parameter - kind of a "brightness"
adjustment if you will.

Regards,
Brad