nanogui: Thread: nanowm

[<<] [<] Page 2 of 2 [>] [>>]
Subject: nanowm
From: Olaf Winne ####@####.####
Date: 19 Nov 2001 16:39:51 -0000

Hi,

I tried the nano-X server with nanowm. I have a problem (it's a newbie
question):

I created a window:

  w_akt = GrNewWindow(GR_ROOT_WINDOW_ID,1,1,320,240,4,WHITE,BLUE);

I suposend, it will appear at the upper left corner, but if nanowm starts, it
moves the window right and down (I can see that movement as a short flicker).

Without nanowm, I get what I wanted.

Any ideas? Would help me, because we have small LCD...

Thank you,
Olaf
got it. Must set GR_WM_PROPS_NOAUTOMOVE.... Should read more doc...

Bye
Olaf

Am Montag, 19. November 2001 16:57 schrieb Olaf Winne:
> Hi,
>
> I tried the nano-X server with nanowm. I have a problem (it's a newbie
> question):
>
> I created a window:
>
>   w_akt = GrNewWindow(GR_ROOT_WINDOW_ID,1,1,320,240,4,WHITE,BLUE);
>
> I suposend, it will appear at the upper left corner, but if nanowm starts,
> it moves the window right and down (I can see that movement as a short
> flicker).
>
> Without nanowm, I get what I wanted.
>
> Any ideas? Would help me, because we have small LCD...
>

> Thank you,
> Olaf
The problem is that nanowm thinks that it knows better than you where to put
the window.

Fortunately, you can avoid this by setting the GR_WM_PROPS_NOAUTOMOVE flag
and calling GrSetWMProperties(), and then your window will go wherever you
tell it to be.

Jordan

On Monday 19 November 2001 08:57, Olaf Winne mentioned: