nanogui: Thread: Segmentation Fault

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: Segmentation Fault
From: Manfred Gruber ####@####.####
Date: 9 May 2003 08:03:23 -0000

Hi Microwindows users!

I run a application with Microwindows Win API on a x86 framebuffer device.
When my programm stopps with a segmentation fault, I see on this tty where i
have started the application the last screen of which was drawed.

To get the hanging tty runing i have now to login with telnet and have to make
a "chvt" to another terminal an then press a key. Then I can switch back to
the tty where i have started my application. Then I can see the Segmentation
fault message.

Is there a possibility to kill or reset the framebuffer. That i have not
always to do a chvt ? When I start my application with a script maybe it is
possible to do a small programm after my apllication hase stoped to reset the
screen.

Thanks, for your help
--
mfg
 Manfred Gruber

On Fri, 2003-05-09 at 08:44, Manfred Gruber wrote:
> To get the hanging tty runing i have now to login with telnet and have to make
> a "chvt" to another terminal an then press a key. Then I can switch back to
> the tty where i have started my application. Then I can see the Segmentation
> fault message.
> Is there a possibility to kill or reset the framebuffer. That i have not
> always to do a chvt ? When I start my application with a script maybe it is
> possible to do a small programm after my apllication hase stoped to reset the
> screen.

Couldn't you just put the two chvt commands into the script after the
line which starts your app?

--
------------ Alex Holden - http://www.linuxhacker.org ------------
If it doesn't work, you're not hitting it with a big enough hammer

Am Freitag, 9. Mai 2003 10:34 schrieb Alex Holden:
> On Fri, 2003-05-09 at 08:44, Manfred Gruber wrote:
> > To get the hanging tty runing i have now to login with telnet and have to
> > make a "chvt" to another terminal an then press a key. Then I can switch
> > back to the tty where i have started my application. Then I can see the
> > Segmentation fault message.
> > Is there a possibility to kill or reset the framebuffer. That i have not
> > always to do a chvt ? When I start my application with a script maybe it
> > is possible to do a small programm after my apllication hase stoped to
> > reset the screen.
>
> Couldn't you just put the two chvt commands into the script after the
> line which starts your app?

i have tried this and it works but the problem is that i have to press a key
after a chvt to update the screen and we have a device without a keyboard
only with touch-screen. so for testing it is possible to plug in keyboard,
but when the board is build in the engine there is no keyboard. so i have to
automaticaly reset the screen. to see what happend, it is also not possible
for me to do a logout after the application hangs because there are some logs
which are displayed and on an error i have to see them.

but thanks for help
--
mfg
 Manfred Gruber

On Fri, 2003-05-09 at 10:09, Manfred Gruber wrote:
> i have tried this and it works but the problem is that i have to press a key
> after a chvt to update the screen and we have a device without a keyboard

Is the problem maybe that the screen blanker has activated? If so
perhaps you could disable that with "setterm -blank 0".